Assessments are located on Blackboard
Enhanced 2nd Grade GPS
FLIPCHARTS ON THIS SITE:
Please take note that the flipcharts found on this site are now to be used as extra resources. All resources needed are already hyperlinked into the new Enhanced GPS. If you are finding that you need additional resources please feel free to use these extra resources that align with each unit.
Also, these flipcharts are not meant to be followed page by page, but are there for for you to use once you have determined your learning intention and success criteria. Be strategic with what problem you choose on each flipchart.
|Monday – Tuesday||Thursday – Friday|
Get to know your class through graphing data and then analyze it (ask questions)
graphing question of the day questions (start on page 2)
Unit 1: 2D & 3D Shapes
Add and Subtract w/in 100
Unit 2: Time
Partition 2D Shapes & Partition Rectangles into Rows and Columns
Add and Subtract w/in 1000
Measurement with Inches and Feet
Measurement with Centimeters and Meters
Measure and Represent Data on Line Plot
Wednesday All Year (3 Digit Number Detective)
Flipcharts found on this site:
- These flipcharts contain sample questions.
- They do not always go in order.
- PLEASE DO NOT GO PAGE BY PAGE (slide one is not day one, etc.).
As you consider using the flipchart:
1. Think about the learning intention and success criteria you plan to use for this slide and the questions you will use to elicit understanding.
2. Write/Post/Say the learning intention and success criteria so the students understand the expectation, self-monitor, and self-assess their personal level of understanding.
3. Then, select appropriate experiences to meet your students’ needs. Depending on your learning intention and success criteria, you may need to do another similar problem, or more similar problems, to build their understanding. Having more than one problem helps you to meet all students’ needs and be able to easily differentiate (remediating/extending).
Video of how to use the mystery hundred chart powerpoint
Problem of the Day
Greg Tang Math Word Problem Generator:
If your students are having trouble with any of the problems, use this to create some for you!
Don’t forget there are journal prompts under Blackboard “Year Overview”
Story Problems to Share-Cognitively Guided Instruction All five types of word problems that go with known ELA stories
Openmiddle.com great site with open tasks that are grade-level and domain specific
Build and Explore
Measurement Build and Explore