Enhanced 4th Grade GPS:
Use for newsletters, interactive notebooks, or laminate for each students’ desk.
After the iReady diagnostics your students are given a placement in each domain. If you click on a student’s name and then the domain (NBT, OA, MD, G) you will get information to show you what they can do and their next steps for instruction. Use this document to guide you in your instruction for the NBT and OA domains.
Some Insight to FSA Grading:
Flipcharts found on this site:
- These flipcharts contain sample questions.
- They do not always go in order.
- PLEASE DO NOT GO PAGE BY PAGE (slide one is not day one, etc.).
As you consider using the flipchart:
1. Think about the learning intention and success criteria you plan to use for this slide and the questions you will use to elicit understanding.
2. Write/Post/Say the learning intention and success criteria so the students understand the expectation, self-monitor, and self-assess their personal level of understanding.
3. Then, select appropriate experiences to meet your students’ needs. Depending on your learning intention and success criteria, you may need to do another similar problem, or more similar problems, to build their understanding. Having more than one problem helps you to meet all students’ needs and be able to easily differentiate (remediating/extending).
The First Ten Days of Math
Unit 1: Multiplicative Comparison, Factors/Multiples, Area/Perimeter
Greg Tang Word Problem Generator:
Geometry Day: Using Geometry Vocabulary to Identify 2D Shapes
How to Use the Above Video : Ask students to solve 18×5 and show it visually. Watch this visual and ask: Which one was most similar to yours and why? Choose one of these strategies and explain how it works.
Geometry Day: Read, Interpret, and Measure with a Protractor
Unit 3: Division and Area/Perimeter
Geometry Day: Add Two or More Angles
Unit 4: Concept Development: Whole Numbers and Decimals
Geometry Day: Categorize Triangles (not a specific rule; just to build understanding)
Unit 5: Building Understanding of Whole Numbers and Decimals
Geometry Day: Decomposing Shapes to Form Triangles and Symmetry
Unit 6: Application: Whole Numbers and Decimals
Geometry Day: Continue Exploration of Triangles
Unit 7: Fractions: Comparing and Equivalence
Geometry Day: Classify Quadrilaterals